We've been talking all about birthdays this month and sure, we have all the birthday party themes for girls and party themes for boys, but what if you don't want to host a birthday party to celebrate this year? Maybe you want to save the big parties for when your child is old enough to remember or maybe your child has really outgrown the big bash at home.
1. Take your family out for a special dinner! Of course, the Birthday boy or girl gets their pick of the restaurant…mom and dad, be prepared for DQ to be the meal of choice! Come on, ice cream is okay for dinner on your birthday, right?
2. Go out for some family fun! Whether its to Chuck E. Cheese, mini golf, trip to the zoo, science centre, petting zoo or an indoor playground, the birthday child will feel special have a family birthday party with the ones that they love! There doesn't have to be a group of people to make these outings fun!
3. Make it all about the gift! A special present can make any birthday boy or girl forget the big birthday bash. Maybe a new electronic game, new bike or even a photo All About Me book! As children get older they always remember that the gift will long outlast the party!
4. Family Vacation! Why not schedule your family vacation around your child's next birthday? Skip the big party and celebrate away from home at your favourite getaway. Maybe it's Fern Resort for a summer vacation, Beaches in Jamaica or even Great Wolf Lodge for a memorable birthday.
5. Birthday Celebrations at school! Celebrate your child's birthday with the friends that they play with everyday! Bring in a special yummy treat or some of these preschool mini loot bag alternatives for the whole class. Maybe your child gets a special ribbon or hat for their birthday- teachers have a great way of celebrating this important milestone!