1. Buy some large craft sticks and foam heart shapes and make Heart-shaped bookmarks for your classmates! You can even place this in the soil of a small plant for the teacher! You can also try making these heart-shaped salt dough necklaces too!
2. Consider buying your classmates or close friends a cute heart shaped cookie cutter so they can bake at home or use it for heart shaped stamp crafts! Attach a note or recipe “I Heart you“.
3. Make a donation to the classroom, teachers and kids with a $20 donation to a charity of your choice. We love these “Heartfelt Gifts” that provide Valentine’s Day arts and crafts supplies to kids in SickKids hospital. Make a simple card on the computer to for each student, to let them know about your donation in their name.
4. Buy a kid-friendly movie about love or friendship for the class! It’s perfect to watch during their Valentine’s Day party at school!
5. Buy the class a package of red or pink flower seeds so they can plant them in the spring! Add a little note that says “My Love for You Grows each Day”
6. Make heart bird feeders for the class or daycare friends.
7. Hit the dollar store and make up little “loot bags” of a pencil or eraser or even craft supplies.
8. Skip the store bought cards that everyone has and make homemade “Cute as a Button” Valentine’s Day cards or download them from a site that makes a donation for each purchase (we love these ones that support Congenital Heart Defect pediatric care and research, from Everyday Grace).
9. Buy little containers of Play Doh for each friend and make these cute flower toppers that we found at Toronto Teacher Mom.
10. Make heart crayons like these ones we found on Pinterest from For the Love of that Silly Smile.
Happy Valentine’s Day!