Since momstown is the "go-to" place for all the ways to have fun with your family, we wanted to bring you all of our favourite ideas to create an early countdown party for your kids, this New Year's Eve!
1. Figure out a great time for kids to do a countdown. Overtired kids do NOT make for a fabulous way to celebrate, so set a time that works for all the kids- 8pm works just as well to ring in a new year together! You can even pick a time zone across the world to watch their own fireworks and countdown on THEIR time!
2. Instead of messy confetti, how about making your own bubbles or giving each child a small bottle of bubbles (you can use dollar store wedding bubbles and put them on a chain to wear around their necks!).
4. Who needs champagne (okay, maybe the parents do) when you can have "fancy" glasses with milk and cookies!
5. Set up a balloon drop using drawstring trash bags. Fill them with balloons and hang it upside down. Countdown at anytime and let the drawstrings open for tons of balloon fun with kids!
6. Kids love to have a dance party! Get your video cameras ready when you make these homemade microphones to host a pretend Karaoke night!
7. You don't need the real thing to create excitement, let kids decorate the room with this Fireworks Art.
9. No need for a full meal on New Year's Eve! Skip the big dinner fuss and make some of these perfect appetizers.
10. Take some time to reflect on the year and create a 'year in review' pages with your child.
Happy New Year from our momstown family to yours!