Dinosaur themes include; fossils, volcanos, bones, digging and even nests with eggs! We love these 10 ideas to create the perfect Dinosaur playdate or birthday party!
1. Make dirt cups and go digging for dinosaur bones (pretzels) or dinosaur eggs (round candy like Skittles or yogurt covered-raisins).
2. Invest in a fun dino cutter or cake pan that you can find online or at your local Walmart. Cut sandwiches into dinosaur shapes or get creative and use it to cut fruit, cheese, Rice Krispies and other yummy snacks!
4. Buy some candy melts at your local bulk store and make Dinosaur shaped candy with these molds we found on EtsyCanada. These make great cupcake toppers or party favours when wrapped in cello!
5. We love these Dinosaur waffles "Wafflesaurus" from Crafting Happy! Make your waffles, cut some fruit and get the kids to help turn them into their favourite dinosaurs!
6. We love this "Fossil Cookie" from Almost Unschooled. Takes a few steps to make the bones, then the cookie, but just look at the results! So much fun for young palentologists!
7. Hosting a Dino Day at school or a birthday party? How about making dinosaur tracks in the cookies or cereal volcanos (you could use Rice Krispies too)! What great ideas from Kori Clark. We also love this full Dino Mexican Meal with "lava" salsa and green dino torillas from momstown Kamloops.
8. Did you know that many dinosaurs are herbivores? Don't just put out the usual veggie platter for the kids, try this "Herbivore Cup" from Hostess with the Mostess instead and give them some homemade hummus at the bottom! You can even make dinosaurs from fruit!
9. Turn these Easter nests into the perfect dinosaur nests! Now that Mini Eggs are sold all year, you can easily use this recipe for other ideas! Do you know what dinosaur might be inside the egg?
10. Jiggly Jello is the perfect place for a silly dinosaur dig, just like Wine and Glue tried! Make Jello in any flavour and place dinosaur candies (like these fat free ones we found at Walmart) inside!
We love sharing some silly snack ideas!